Monday 23 July 2012

Must Read!

I recommend to everybody before they read my blog or any information about Down Syndrome to read the book I am about to tell you about. I read this book for an english assignment in high school which involved reading a biography. At this point in time I really only had very basic knowledge about this condition and I guess I was a bit biased and I thought the book would be really boring. After I finished this book my life changed, my eyes were opened up to a whole new perspective and I would be lying if I said it hasn't influenced me and made me who I am today.


This book is called "A Mother like Alex" it depicts the story of Alex Bell who at 28 became one of the first people to adopt as a single parent. The first child she adopted was Matthew, a child with Down Syndrome. She then went on to adopt 8 more children, Simon, Adrian, Nathan, Andrew, Chloe, Tom, Emily and Callum all presenting with Down Syndrome and other disabilities. Together they somehow make a family. This woman is inspiring and this is reflected in her book which I highly recommend.




Family Shot



Book Cover

Dayna.

1 comment:

  1. This book looks amazing I will have to keep an eye out for it! :)

    ReplyDelete